Common Questions about our Plywood Paneling
1 - What is plywood made of?
All of our plywood paneling products are made of high quality, hardwood veneer cores with few to no knots. It is a medium density Class 2 plywood. MSDS
- Our plywood is superior to other paneling because it doesn't expand and contract with humidity or temperature variations
- Unfinished Wood Veneer Paneling has a genuine but relatively thin hardwood veneer permanently affixed to the top surface of a plywood core; ready to accept a finish of your choice
- Laminated panels have a high-resolution photograph of a wood grain or other decorative pattern printed on a paper that is laminated to a plywood core in a proprietary process to insure excellect adhesion and genuine looks
2 - What Paneling thicknesses are offered and what is the weight per panel?
We manufacture paneling in three thicknesses, but don't offer all paneling in all thicknesses. The thicknesses available of each panel design is detailed on each individual paneling product page
- 2.7mm (~ 1/8") Thickness weighs approximately 13 lbs/sheet
- 3.6mm (~ 3/16") Thickness weighs approximately 15 lbs/sheet
- 5.2mm (~ 1/4") Thickness weighs approximately 21 lbs/sheet (has structural strength. Maybe applied directly to studs.)
3 - Do you have panels without grooves, and what is the pattern of panels that have grooves?
- Flat Library Panels have no grooves and offer clean, smooth, edge-to-edge surface and can add a beautiful designer touch to most rooms
- Some of our panels are manufactured with double-bead groove pattern on either 2 inch or 4 inch centers called 'beadboard.'
- Our random plank paneling is also known as 9-groove paneling. It has a single groove 'randomly' spaced at 4" - 8" - 4" - 7" - 9" - 6" - 4" - 6" with a beveled 1/2 groove edge along each panel long, side edge. These 1/2 grooves make the '9th' groove when installed next to another panel.
4 - What is the Fire Rating of our wall paneling?
All of our plywood paneling has been tested and carries a Class C Fire Rating of 200 or less. There is more specific information on the product label
5 - How is our 4x8 paneling packaged and shipped?
- The day your order ships, you will receive an email shipment notice from us with the carrier and tracking number information
- 4x8 paneling orders are strapped to a pallet, also known as a skid, with adequate edge and corner protection.
- 4x8 panels are shipped via "Less Than Truckload" (LTL) Common Carriers (18-wheelers) 4x8 paneling is too large to ship UPS or FedEx
- For home/residential deliveries, the truck line will phone you to make a curbside delivery appointment. Residential Deliveries will be on a truck with a lift-gate to help bring the skid to the ground. You should have someone to assist with the delivery, an inspection and to move the product from the curb
- For commercial address deliveries, the truck line will normally go directly to the receiving area. Someone will have to be there to assist with the delivery and to make an inspection, and sign for the shipment
6 - How is the 48x32 wainscot paneling packaged and shipped?
- Most of our orders for 48x32 wainscoting panels are cartoned and shipped UPS. Large quantities of wainscoting panels will ship more like 4x8 panels on and LTL carrier. See #5 for information on LTL Carrier shipments
7 - How do you install wall paneling?
8 - Can paneling be installed in a basement?
9 -Can paneling be installed outside?
- We do not recommend installing paneling outdoors. Do so at your own risk, and there warranty is voided
- Veneer panels, after they are well painted or stained and sealed, may be installed outdoors as long as they are protected from direct contact with the elements, in areas like protected porch ceilings
10 - What is duck and deer paneling?
- We offer two styles of paneling that are often referred to as Duck and Deer Paneling. One is our Nature's Wood paneling with numerous rich, dark brown detailed outdoor scenes. The other is our Hunter's Woods paneling with fewer, scattered light brown outdoor scenes
11 - Do you have seam tape to conceal seams and paneling ends?
- We sell Seam Tape for most of our Designer Series Paneling and for our Mossy Oak camouflage paneling. Most of our wood grain paneling products have a 'half-groove' along each side edge so that adjacent panels have a nearly undetectable full paneling groove
12 - Do you offer plywood paneling samples?
- Yes, you may order as many samples as you like, and we'll send you roughly 6"x6" sections of the actual paneling you've asked for
- The samples are $2 each, and you get full store credit that you can apply to a paneling purchase within 30 days